- 1 1/2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 6 thighs)
- 4 tbsp light butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a large bowl, rub chicken with oil, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a medium sized skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned on each side, about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove chicken and set aside. Discard excess fat from pan.
- Melt remaining 2 tbsp butter in skillet. Add in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in broth and bring to a simmer.
- Add in yogurt and parmesan cheese, stir well. Then add in thyme, lemon juice and spinach. Heat until spinach just starts to wilt, about 1 minute.
- Pour mixture into a baking dish, and add in the chicken. Cook, uncovered in oven for about 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Number of servings (yield): 6 | Serving size is 1 chicken thigh with sauce & spinach | SmartPoints: 5
Nutrition Information:PER SERVING:
- 210 calories
- 10g fat
- 4g saturated fat
- 2g carbohydrates
- 0g sugar
- 28g protein
- 0g fiber
Love is the subject on everyone’s minds as Valentine’s Day quickly approaches. Are you planning a romantic night in, or a thrilling date out on the town? No matter what you have planned this year, these ten little known aphrodisiacs can help put you in the mood for love! After all, we have to take advantage of mom and dad alone time.
Celery – The negative calorie food contains pheromones to get your motor going.
Coffee – When given in a romantic setting the caffeine can send a burst of energy that makes the body more alert.
Ginseng – This food stimulates the circulatory system and can create more intense make-out sessions.
Asparagus – Contains Vitamin E that increases the production of sex hormones in the body
Basil – Not only increases the libido, but also helps boost fertility as well.
Blowfish – Perhaps the most dangerous dish you can eat, the adrenaline that is released from the consumption of such a risky dish really puts people in the mood for love.
Honey – The chosen food of the Goddess of Love, is a great aphrodisiac as it contains boron that increases testosterone and metabolizes estrogen in the body.
Figs – These tasty fruits increase the stamina and libido of women.
Chickpeas – You can get the men’s libido going with chickpeas according to the Kama Sutra books.
Yams – Boost energy and increase sensitivity in certain areas of the body.
What are your Valentine’s Day plans? Have a recipe that incorporates these aphrodisiacs? Feel free to share it in the comments below.