I could fill this post with talk of cute summer clothing or the latest in new video games, but in all honesty, boys are simple. There are really only a few things that are essential to make a boy’s summer complete. Below is a slimmed down version of a summer essentials guide for boys. Enjoy!
- A fishing pole. (String, a hook and a stick will work if there is no fancy store pole available)
- Bugs (Lightening bugs are a bonus!)
- Peanut butter and jelly (Lots of it please.)
- Earplugs (Oops this one is for moms.)
- Water (Sprinklers, pools, lakes, etc., it really doesn’t matter what form.)
- Marshmallows (It isn’t summer without some roasted marshmallows.)
- Sunscreen (They’ll fight you on this one, but use it unless you want to be the proud mom of a lobster.)
That’s about it. Pretty much all you need to make a little boy happy during the summer can be found above. You could try to throw fancy new toys and trips at them as bribes, but when it boils down to it, boys are happiest when dirty and covered in bugs in their own backyard.