- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 20 taco-size tortilla
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- In a bowl, add the chicken, red bell pepper, onion, jalapeño, and taco sauce, and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Cut each tortilla in half. Evenly spread about 2 tablespoons each of the cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, and chicken mixture on one half of the tortilla.
- Roll the tortilla into a cone starting from the cut edge making sure not to push the ingredients out of the tortilla.
- Place a wide mouth jar or glass in the center of a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Create a ring around the jar with the tortilla cones. The point of the cones should be in the center, touching the surface of the jar. There should be about 13 cones in the first layer.
- Sprinkle both cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack cheese over the first layer of cones.
- Start the second layer of cones by placing one cone on top and in between 2 cones in the first layer. Continue this process with the rest of the cones. There should be 3 full layers of cones with 3 left to fill some of the empty space in the top.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheddar and Monterey Jack on top of the blooming quesadilla. Remove jar from center of ring. Bake until the cheese is melted and the edges of the tortillas are crispy, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate. Place dip of choice inside the ring. Top with desired garnishes.
- Serve immediately.
“Go Green” is a phrase that has been tossed around a lot in recent years. I know that my family has made a lot of small adjustments in the name of being more eco-friendly and I know that there is a lot more be could be doing. If you have yet to get swept up in the green movement, there are simple yet effective ways to green your life and start living healthier and more environmentally friendly from day to day.
1. Embrace Natural and Organic Home Cleaners
Commercial and chemical cleaning formulas are harsh on the environment and on your body. Just breathing in the strong fumes from these products can irritate already present health conditions and they certainly are good for the Earth either. By embracing natural cleaners in your home, you can green your life one spray at a time.
I actually have no problem with letting the boys run off to clean their bathroom or a spill with natural cleaners. If I am in a bind I even made my own with some vinegar and lemon juice.
2. Choose Natural Baby Products
You wouldn’t knowingly slather a harmful substance all over your baby, but you may be doing just that every time you use a traditional diaper rash cream or commercial baby wash. Products that are not made from all natural substances can irritate your baby’s skin and pollute their system. Try using a natural baby balm or cloth diapers in an effort to live a greener life. We recently tried the Baby Body Wash from EcoStore USA and it was wonderful. Left the boys’ skin and hair soft and smelling wonderful. Best of all, I didn’t have to worry about an allergic reaction or a harmful substance getting in their eyes.
3. Color Your Pets Green
When people are looking for ways to green their life, they often overlook their pets. As a pet owner myself including one very itchy labradoodle, using hypoallergenic pet shampoo and feeding them natural foods is a great way to help the environment and their skin and fur.
I think a lot of people overlook pets in the whole all natural process because they look at them as less worthy than people.Why should then not have natural and safe products as well though?
4. Bring Green Products to the Laundry Room
I hate the smell of bleach and I know I am not alone. I absolutely cannot stand it! However, I also like to keep my whites looking white. I recently found Pure Oxygen Whitener from EcoStoreUSA and was given the opportunity to try it out. Let me tell you, there was no nasty smell and my whites were just as clean as they would have been with bleach. Utilizing green products in the laundry room will not pollute the water you use during each cycle and will not have you walking around in a layer of chemicals day after day.
Like I mentioned above, we were given the opportunity to try two different products from EcoStore USA and both were without question some of the best products I have used in a long time. I have no negative comments to make about any of them and I will probably use the Pure Oxygen Whitener for the rest of my life, as it is one of the only bleach replacements I have ever found to be effective.
If you want to green your life with natural and safe products that are not only good for you but for the environment as well, you can visit the EcoStore USA website and get a great deal on their latest all natural products for the whole house!