School is back in session for most kids around the country, and that is no exception in our home. I started schooling the boys on Monday, and that is an instant 5 hours or so that I no longer have in my day. The name of the game right now when it comes to everything in my life is ease and functionality. I carry that motto into the kitchen, and am always looking for ways to make weeknight meals quick and easy. Tyson® Grilled and Ready® Chicken Breast Strips have been a godsend, and help me throw together healthy and delicious meals in a flash.
Tyson® Grilled and Ready® Chicken Breast Strips
I first found this incredible product on our #90DayRoadTrip. It was the perfect solution for wanting to make sure our chicken was cooked properly when cooking out on the grill at the campgrounds. Tyson® Grilled and Ready® Chicken Breast Strips are made from 100% all-natural, all-white meat, is 97% fat free and comes already fully cooked, making preparing meals super easy.
Tyson Project A+™
Another bonus to using Tyson® Grilled and Ready® Chicken Breast Strips right now, is that you can help contribute to Tyson Project A+™. When you visit Walmart.com/ProjectA+, you can nominate your local school by explaining why they need a head start on collecting Tyson Project A+™ Labels. You can then share your nomination on social media and help your school win! The school with the most nominations will receive a packet of $1,000 worth of labels to help them get a jump on collecting labels.
5 Minute Grilled Chicken Gyro
I love gyros. Unfortunately, I am also watching my weight, and joined Weight Watchers about 5 months ago. I play a constant act of balancing meals my whole family will love, with meals that are filling and healthy enough for me to eat. I recently decided to come up with a slimmed down version of a grilled chicken gyro, and stopped by my local Walmart store to pick up some Tyson® Grilled and Ready® Chicken Breast Strips.
- Tyson® Grilled and Ready® Chicken Breast Strips
- Whole Wheat Pita Bread
For the Sauce
- 8 oz. 2% Lowfat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Finely shred one small cucumber. Strain the water out of the shredded cucumber.
2. Mix together the shredded cucumber, 8 oz. Greek yogurt, 1 tbsp. lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste until well combined.
3. Cut a pita loaf in half and warm slightly in an oven or microwave.
4. Heat 3 oz. of Tyson® Grilled and Ready® Chicken Breast Strips according to package instructions in the microwave.
5. Combine lettuce, tomato, 3 oz. of chicken, 1 oz. Tzatziki sauce and place into the half a whole wheat pita.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 until you have made your desired number of grilled chicken gyros.
Each Grilled Chicken Gyro consisting of one half of a whole wheat pita, 3 oz. of Tyson® Grilled and Ready® Chicken Breast Strips, unlimited veggies and 1 oz. of homemade Tzatziki sauce is just 5 WW+ points!
What is your favorite quick and easy weeknight meal? I’d love to hear it in the comment section below!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson. The opinions and text are all mine.