Fall break will be here before you know it. It’s the perfect opportunity for the family to spend time together doing things they don’t always get to do. Fall is a unique part of the year because the weather is cool and crisp and perfect for spending time outdoors and indoors. Check out this list of 50 things to do as a family over fall break.
1. Take a nature hike.
2. Have a bonfire and roast s’mores over the bonfire.
3. Go on a fall scavenger hunt.
4. Make homemade hot chocolate and apple cider.
5. Visit an apple orchard.
6. Decorate your home for fall.
7. Start a fall garden together.
8. Do fall landscaping together as a family.
9. Go to a pumpkin patch.
10. Bake pumpkin seeds together from the pumpkins you pick at the pumpkin patch.
11. Make a homemade apple pie and pumpkin pie together.
12. Have a fun day of family football together.
13. Visit a local corn maze.
14. Go on a family hayride together.
15. Go on a fall leaf hunt to find the best leaves out there.
16. Spend some time tailgating with the family.
17. Do a fall 5K together.
18. Make bird feeders out of pine cones.
19. Make caramel apples.
20. Have a chili cooking contest!
21. Enjoy a Pumpkin Spice Late together.
22. Spend time brainstorming the perfect Halloween outfit.
23. Attend local fall festivals.
24. Make breakfast together featuring pumpkins or apples.
25. Rake a leaf pile and jump in it.
26. Help your older neighbors get their homes ready for colder weather.
27. Volunteer at the local soup kitchen.
28. Color fall coloring sheets. Have a contest to see who the best is.
29. Talk to your children about Thanksgiving and why it happened. Have your own little feast afterwards.
30. Spend the evening watching your favorite fall inspired movies together.
31. Take a few final bike rides before fall comes to an end.
32. Enjoy sleeping in!
33. Take the time to fly a kite when the weather is a little windier.
34. Take a road trip to a neighboring town and explore.
35. Have a photo taking contest of the changing leaf colors.
36. Have a contest to see who can make the best DIY project out of leaves.
37. See who can make the best scarf by crocheting or knitting.
38. Spend time talking about what you’re thankful for.
39. Spend time talking about your favorite fall memories as a family.
40. Spend time watching the fall sunsets together as a family.
41. Have an ugly fall sweater contest.
42. Create a fall bucket list together.
43. Go camping this fall as a family.
44. Go to a football game together.
45. Attend a soccer game together.
46. Have a fall yard sale!
47. Have a craft day where you doing nothing but crafts all day long.
48. Spend a day baking together.
49. Have a day where you do nothing but outdoor yard work, but make it fun!
50. Make homemade applesauce together
Spending time as a family doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive. This list of 50 things to do as a family over fall break will allow you to get plenty of fall family fun in over break. This fall break, I encourage you to try something on this list that you’ve never done before. Are you game?