My oldest son is 11 going on 31 and my second oldest just turned 10. There is something that happens to a child when they reach those double digits. Something that turns them from the sweet cuddle bugs they used to be into moody tweens that know far more than we could ever hope to as adults. I was thinking about this change the other day and started noticing a pattern between tweens and moody blood craving vampires. Bare with me, I promise I have a point.
1. They Can Bleed You Dry – Have you looked in your wallet lately?
2. They Are Afraid of The Morning Sun – Have you tried to wake a tween up early on a weekend?
3. They Are Afraid of Wooden Sticks – Like brooms and rakes that can be used for actual housework.
4. They Are Prone to Rapid Mood Swings – Happy one moment and ready to rip your heart out with their words the next.
5. They Know a Little About Everything – Vampires because they have lived for hundreds of years and tweens because they have received the mystical knowledge of tweenhood.
6. They Have Insatiable Appetites – Have you looked in your fridge lately with a tween in the house?
See, they had more in common than you thought didn’t they? Do you have a certain mystical being you like to compare your tweens or teens to? Feel free to share below.