This post is written in collaboration with Butterball, all opinions are my own.
With Father’s Day only days away, I know I am not alone in searching out the perfect way to make the day special for the men in my life. My own father passed away ten years ago, but I have an awesome step-dad that has really stepped up to the plate. He has been working hard lately to shed a few pounds (not that he needs it,) so finding a man-friendly meal that will bring a smile to his face this Father’s Day was not such an easy task. Luckily, I remembered the Butterball app on my phone, and I was able to find a lighter take on the ultimate “man” burger that will be perfect this Father’s Day.
BLT Turkey Burger Ingredients:
This lighter take on a familiar favorite is the perfect way to celebrate dad this Father’s Day. Reward him with a juicy and delicious burger piled high with all the fixings without any of the guilt, so there is plenty of room for dessert. Some of you might remember that I used the Butterball Cookbook Plus app to find the perfect recipe for our Memorial Day grill out too, and I am pleased to report that the Grilled Salsa Turkey Burgers turned out to be delicious, so I know this recipe is sure to please too.
– ¼ cup fat-free mayonnaise
– 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
– 1 teaspoon chipotle pepper sauce
– 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
– 4 BUTTERBALL® Original Seasoned Frozen Turkey Burgers
– 4 slices (1/2ounce each) reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
– 4 Kaiser rolls, split and toasted – 1 cups shredded lettuce
– 4 slices red onion (about 1/8-inch thick)
– 4 slices tomato
– 1 avocado, cut into 8 slices
– 4 slices BUTTERBALL® Turkey Bacon, cooked and cut in half
1. Combine mayonnaise, honey, chipotle pepper sauce and cilantro. Refrigerate until ready to use.
2. Prepare turkey burgers according to package directions for broiling or on pre-heated grill.
3. When burgers are cooked, top each with 1 slice cheese. Broil 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
4. Spread 1-1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise mixture on cut sides of each roll. Layer each bottom half with 1/4 cup shredded lettuce, 1 slice onion and 1 slice tomato. Top each with cheese-topped burger, 2 slices avocado and 2 turkey bacon pieces. Cover each with top of roll.
Want to find even more delicious Father’s Day recipe ideas, cooking tips and even coupons from Butterball? Download the Butterball Cookbook Plus app for iPhone or Android phones today!
What fun surprises or recipes do you have planned for Father’s Day this year?