We love discovering new cookie recipes during the holiday season. One of my favorites this year is a recipe for brown sugar cookies that come out looking like angel wings. Kind of perfect for this time of year if you ask me. Find the recipe below, and feel free to share a comment below if you try them out!
1 c. light brown sugar
1 c. butter softened
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 c. flour all-purpose
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. chopped walnuts
1. In a mixing bowl, beat butter, brown sugar vanilla and egg until blended well on medium speed.
2. With a spoon, mix in flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt until combined well.
3. Mix in the nuts until just blended with a spoon.
4. Lay out a layer of plastic wrap and form the dough into a sort of oval shaped loaf with a flat top and bottom. You can press the front and back sides onto a counter once wrapped in plastic wrap to help flatten and smooth them. You want the shape to resemble an angels wing when sliced later, so make one end slightly thicker than the other.
5. Refrigerate the dough for a least 2 hours.
6. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and plastic wrap, and slice into 1/8 to 1/4 inch slices.
7. Bake the cookies at 375 degrees for 6-8 minutes until lightly browned and crisped. Let cool and serve.
Have you tried this recipe for brown sugar cookies? Share your thoughts in the comments below!