The boys and I have been doing a lot of travel this Summer. We are on day 66 of our #90DayRoadTrip, and we have been visiting the New England states. I wanted to make something for the boys that was simple to do even without a full kitchen, but that represented different offerings in these states. One of the best ingredients I found to use was crab meat. These crab roll sliders are not only good, but they represent areas that we have visited during our Summer road trip and help bring back memories. Plus, with the new Hellmann’s Squeeze Bottle, making these delicious creations is a breeze!
Check Out the New Hellmann’s Bottle and Win!
Hellmann’s has developed a brand in Squeeze Bottle design that makes it easy to get the most out of your mayo. No more shaking, banging or begging your mayonnaise to come out of the bottle, the new design makes it easy to have less waste by squeezing more out and make less of a mess with its clean lock cap.
I have used the new Hellmann’s Squeeze Bottle on several ocassions now, and it is always easy to use. No mess left behind or knife needed, and the new design makes it easy to spread too. Want to try the new design for yourself? Pick up a bottle at your local Kroger store with your Kroger Plus Card to save $1 off Hellmann’s Squeeze Bottles with their in-store offer.
Once you’ve picked up your Hellmann’s Mayonnaise with the new squeeze bottle design, head on over to the Life With 4 Boys Facebook page to enter to win a $50 Kroger gift card by sharing a photo of your Hellmann’s sandwich masterpiece with the hashtag #SqueezeSweeps now through 7/22/15.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 12 minutes
Total: 27 minutes
• 4 King Crab Legs
• 8 Slices Multi-Grain Bread
• ¼ Cup Hellmann’s Squeeze Bottle Mayonnaise
• ¼ Cup Diced Organic Green Onion
• ¼ Cup Diced Organic Tomatoes
• 1 tbsp. Organic Lemon Juice
• 2 tbsp. Melted Organic Butter
• ½ tsp. Onion Powder
• ½ tsp. Garlic Powder
• Salt & Pepper Instructions
1. Fill a large pan with 1 to 2 inches of water. Bring to boil. Add crab legs. Boil for approximately 5 minutes. Remove crab legs from water. Set aside and let cool.
2. Dice green onion and tomato into small pieces. Slice lemon in half. Set aside.
3. Add butter to small microwavable bowl. Microwave for 1 to 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Set aside.
4. Preheat oven at 250 degrees F.
5. Use hands to break lobster apart at joints. If you can pull crabmeat from shell without breaking further, go ahead. Otherwise, take knife and make one continuous cut down each shell. Pry shell open with fingers and remove crabmeat.
6. Cut crabmeat into various sizes. Place crabmeat in medium mixing bowl. Drizzle 1 tbsp. melted butter over crabmeat. Stir. Add diced green onion, diced tomatoes, mayonnaise, freshly squeezed lemon juice, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir. Place in refrigerator.
7. Lay 8 slices multi-grain bread on aluminum foil sheet. Take a round drinking glass and press down over each slice. This will create slider size top and bottom buns. Drizzle 1 tbsp. melted butter on top of slices. Place in oven for 3 to 4 minutes or until just crispy (rotating sides halfway through). Remove bread from oven.
8. Scoop crabmeat mixture onto bottom slices of bread. Add top buns. Plate your crab sliders onto serving dishes and enjoy this seaside staple! Best served with potato chips and an ice-cold beer or orange soda.
Cool Tip: You can even use the crab claws as picks through each slider to hold them together
Remember, to head to your local Kroger store and pick up your own bottle of Hellmann’s mayo in the all new squeeze bottles so you can share your Hellmann’s masterpieces with the #SqueezeSweeps hashtag on our Facebook page for your chance to win!