- 1 lb ziti
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (28 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 16 oz cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, freshly grated and divided
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, chopped into 1/4-inch cubes and divided
- Fresh basil, chopped, for serving
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta 2 minutes less than package instructions call for. Drain and drizzle with a bit of olive oil to prevent sticking. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium high heat until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Drain fat, if needed.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add oregano, basil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Lower heat to medium and cook until mixture bubbles. Reduce heat to medium low and let simmer 10 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and stir in sugar and fresh basil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs, cottage cheese, and sour cream and mix until well combined. Stir in 1 cup of the Parmesan and 1 cup of the mozzarella.
- Add 1 cup of the red sauce and the drained pasta to cottage cheese mixture and stir to combine. Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Top with remaining red sauce, followed by the remaining 1 cup mozzarella and 1/2 cup Parmesan.
- Spray a sheet of aluminum foil with nonstick spray and cover casserole. Bake for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake 25 minutes more. If desired, broil 1 to 2 minutes to brown cheese further.
- Let sit 10 minutes before serving. Top with chopped basil and enjoy!
I was recently given the wonderful opportunity to review a shirt of my choosing from Crazy Dog T-Shirts. If you have not heard of these guys, then you are definitely missing out. I know I was! This company has a ton of great tees in a variety of themes, colors and sizes for any member of your family, including men’s shirts, women’s shirts, kid’s shirts, and even some shirts for your dog.
Most of the tees feature hilarious sayings or vintage blast from the past movie and TV show characters such as Ghostbusters and Gremlins. There are themed shirts that feature periods like the 80’s and even events like the Gulf Oil Spill. The great thing about this company is that they care, 100% of the proceeds from the sale of the BP oil shirts goes to the Gulf Restoration Network! For this reason however, the BP shirts are not available to be chosen should you win the giveaway, but you can purchase one of your own to support the effort!
The shirt I got to try out was the Leprechaun Shirt for Women pictured on me above. I was surprised at how silky soft it was and also by how light the fabric was. Being in hot humid Florida, that is a feature I could learn to love. The sizing chart was accurate and the T-shirt fit perfectly and felt great all day long. It did well in the wash too. No bleeding or shrinking occurred.
Crazy Dog T-shirts would be the perfect gift for any age. They are definitely cool enough to catch the eye of a teenager, but most are even low key enough to give to your mom or dad. There are custom-made shirts available too. It is rare to find a clothing company that goes out of their way to ensure there is something for everyone. The prices are very reasonable as well, and there are always shirts on discount like their featured $6.99 daily special. Here are a few more designs I loved!
You can purchase a wide range of Crazy Dog T-shirts directly off of their website and the shipping is fast.
Crazy Dog T-Shirts has generously offered to give one of my lucky readers a T-shirt of their choosing that is valued at $19.99 or less and there are tons of awesome shirts to choose from!
In order to be entered into this giveaway, you must visit Crazy Dog T-shirts and sign up for their newsletter, then just leave a comment here letting me know you did.
No other entries will be counted until the above mandatory entry is complete.
You may choose to do as many or as few of these as you want, but please leave a separate comment for each entry so that it can be counted. Also, please be sure that there is a way for me to contact you if you are chosen as the winner! Entries will be verified.
- Become a fan of Crazy Dog T-shirts on Facebook. (1 Entry)
- Follow us on Google Friend Connect, widget in the left sidebar. (1 Entry)
- “Like” us on Facebook, widget in left sidebar. Leave username. (1 Entry)
- Follow us on Networked Blogs, widget in left sidebar. (1 Entry)
- Follow us on Twitter, button in left sidebar @KBunn. Leave username in post. (1 Entry)
- Tweet about this giveaway using this tweet: “WIN a hilarious Crazy Dog T-Shirt from Life With 4 Boys @KBunn http://bit.ly/9JZfea Ends 7/9 #giveaway #contest RT” (1 Entry per day)
- Enter any other giveaway on Life With 4 Boys and leave the name of the one you entered. (2 entries per additional contest entered)
- Sid the Science Kid Gotta Know Microphone Giveaway 7/12/10
- Orglamix Pure Organic Mineral Makeup Giveaway Ends 7/19/10
- Trukid Sunny Days All Natural Sunscreen Giveaway Ends 7/22/10
- Namaste Foods Gift Pack Giveaway Ends 7/22/10
* I was given the opportunity to review a shirt from Crazy Dog T-shirts and have not been compensated in any way for this post. The thoughts, opinions and words discussed in this post are entirely my own and were not influenced by anyone else.