Raise your hand if one of your New Year’s resolutions was to lose weight? Yeah, me too. After having the surrogate baby last year, I lost 30-40 pounds, but then the holidays hit, and I still have some more to lose. So, I am back at it again this year, hoping to drop the rest of the weight, but I don’t want to sacrifice taste to do it. This delicious and healthy sausage and veggies sheet pan recipe is tasty and simple to make. Try it out, and be sure to let me know what you think!
- 24 oz. Chicken Italian sausage
- 2 Yellow bell peppers chopped into squares
- 5-6 Carrots chopped
- 3 Medium gold potatoes chopped into small pieces
- Snow peas
- Broccoli cut into florets
- 4 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- ¾ tbsp. Rosemary
- ¾ tbsp. Basil
- ¾ tbsp. Onion powder
- ¾ tbsp. Garlic powder
- ¾ tbsp. Parsley flakes
- ¾ tbsp. Thyme
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- Pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Begin by chopping all of your vegetables. Potatoes, carrots and peppers should be chopped into small pieces. Broccoli should be chopped into florets, and the snow peas should be left whole.
4. Mix together olive oil and all seasonings in a bowl.
5. Toss all of the vegetables on the sheet pan in the olive oil and herb mixture.
6. Chop your Italian chicken sausage into small circles and layer over the veggies on the sheet tray.
7. Place the sheet tray in the oven for 15 minutes.
8. Take the sheet tray out, toss vegetables and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes. Keep an eye on the meal throughout this last bit of cooking time to ensure an even cook that doesn’t burn.
9. Serve over rice or on its own with a garnish of fresh herbs and Parmesan cheese if desired.
Like this post? Please consider sharing it using the social share buttons at the bottom of this post!
More Delicious Recipes to Enjoy: