The other day, I was having a discussion with my boys about the various jobs I have held throughout the years. When I got married at 17, I did not use my best judgment and sadly, although I do have many credit hours, I never earned a college degree. Before I found freelance writing, which is my trade now, I held a wide range of positions to keep our heads above water. Some of them are quite interesting in fact. Here is a short rundown in no particular order.
- Laundry Attendant
- Customer Service Phone Agent
- Cab Driver
- Carpet and Apartment Cleaning Business Owner
- Adult Novelty Home Party Representative
- Reading Tutor in the Public School System
- Caregiver for Alzheimer’s patients
- Children’s Clothing Consignment Shop Owner
- Internet Researcher
- Mystery Shopper (Yes this does exist and not all positions are scams)
- Store Manager
I think that is it. I have been working as a freelance writer from home for the last four years, so I have finally settled into a trade I am happy with, but each of the positions listed above have given me additional skills throughout the years.
Are you a jack of all trades as well or have you just help a really interesting job? Why not share it in the comment section below?