This post is brought to you in collaboration with Big Fish Games, all opinions are my own.
Okay, so my phone just died, thus forcing me to quick playing the new game Cascade from Big Fish Games and finally write this review. That’s right folks. What started as me playing a few rounds to review this new app turned into me playing it for over an hour until my phone finally gave up and died. So, while it recharges, I will share a bit about the new Cascade app with you all.
What is Cascade?
Cascade is the new fun app from Big Fish Games. It was just released yesterday and for now, it is completely free! It’s a mix of a Match 3 game like Candy Crush with a slot machine twist that makes it extra fun. Basically, you start out with a line of gems, which you must place on the board to line up matches of 3 or more of the same type gem.
Then, as you run out of gem matches, you get a spin to load up with new ones. You get so many spins per round, and if you can’t meet your round goal by then, you lose a life and have to start again.
Just like with other apps, you have five lives that will reset after a set period of time, and you can earn super gems and other power ups to help you earn bonus points as you go.
What I Love About Cascade!
- The slot machine feature adds an element of luck, since you never know what you’ll get.
- The addition of “wild” gems really helps you out in a bind.
- 8 different worlds with over 100 puzzles means I won’t get bored.
- Connect with Facebook to compete against friends.
- Obstacles add challenges to each round and keep you engaged.