Valentine’s Day is on Monday and while I am sure most men look at it as a day to buy a stuffed animal from the gas station and have a guarantee of getting lucky that night, it may not be as easy as they think. If you are a man or know have one in your life, you may want to share these Valentine’s Day gift don’ts with them to make sure there is only love and no fighting this year!
1. Lingerie – Really guys? Who is this gift truly for? Unless your wife or girlfriend is super hot, it is more likely this gift will just make her more self conscious and make you sleep on the couch.
2. A Trip to a Fast Food Restaurant – Nothing says don’t do me like fast food. Spend a little extra and treat her to a nice meal instead. Or better yet, put forth the effort and make it yourself.
3. Scratch Off Tickets – Actually, these could turn out good sometimes, if you can get her to actually scratch them off before kicking you out. Rest assured though, if she doesn’t get lucky, neither will you!
4. A Recycled Gift – These can either be gifts she has given you or ones you gave to a past love. If she finds out you recycled a gift and gave it to her, your stuff is going to be recycled at the local dump.
5. Nothing At All – This is the worst possible Valentine’s Day gift that you could give to a woman. It isn’t about the money. Even if you are broke, you can come up with an awesome gift just with your love and imagination. Giving nothing shows that you put no effort or thought into the relationship.
There you go guys, a surefire way to avoid fighting, PMS and lack of libido on Valentine’s Day. Just put a little effort into your gift giving this year and avoid gifts that are really for “you” and you will be quite pleased with the results!
Women, have any other tips for gifts that men should avoid this Valentine’s Day?