We have five dogs in our home. This means that we always have a need for plenty of dog treats on hand. Unfortunately, dog treats can be pretty pricey and not always healthy. So, to save some money, we like to make our home homemade dog treats. This recipe for easy Pumpkin Peanut Butter Homemade Dog Treats is one of our new fall favorites, and is super inexpensive to make. Check it out below and let us know how your furry friends enjoyed this homemade treat.
Medium dog bone cookie cutter
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup pumpkin purée
1/4 cup (4Tablespoons) peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoons water (more, if needed)
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Add all of the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix well.
3. The dough will be coarse and a bit dry. You can add another Tablespoon of water, if necessary, to make it more pliable to roll out.
4. Sprinkle a small amount of flour on your workspace and roll out the pumpkin dough until it’s about 1/2 inch thick.
5. Use your cookie dough cutter to cut out the dog bone shapes.
6. Place the cut-outs on the baking sheet. The biscuits will not expand so you can place them close to each other, if needed.
7. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
8. Allow the pan to cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Have a favorite recipe for homemade dog treats? Feel free to share it in the comments below.