I love Stromboli, the delicious melted cheese mingled with the scent of garlic, basic, oregano and Parmesan, and the taste of fresh salami and ham. Yum! Pure Italian comfort food right there. Problem is, I never knew how to make it myself, so enjoying this favorite food had to be reserved for when we went out to a local restaurant. Well no more, this delicious salami and ham Stromboli recipe is all you need to create an incredible meal for your family tonight!
1 Refrigerated Pizza Dough or your homemade recipe
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 tsp minced Garlic
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Basil
2 oz sliced Provolone
2 oz sliced Mozzarella
2 oz sliced Ham
2 oz sliced Genoa Salami
2 tbsp Water
2 tbsp Grated Parmesan
1. Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Unroll dough and shape into a rectangle the size of the baking sheet.
3. Whisk together egg and water to make an egg wash and brush 1″ around edge of dough with egg wash. Drizzle olive oil over the center and spread up to edge of egg wash.
4. Sprinkle oil with minced garlic and 2/3 of the oregano and basil.
5. Layer a row of provolone and a layer of mozzarella along length of dough.
6. Layer ham over one of the cheeses and a layer of salami over that.
7. Start from the side with the salami (since it is firmest) and roll to the other side. Pinch all lose edges to seal, and roll seam side down to center of parchment paper.
8. Brush Stromboli with egg wash and sprinkle with remaining oregano and basil and some Parmesan.
9. Mike light diagonal slices along length of Stromboli.
10. Bake for 17 minutes or until golden brown.