This post brought to you by Butterball Every Day. All opinions are 100% mine.
I love food. Really really love it. Unfortunately, it does not return my affection. In fact, it does nothing lately but add more layers to my middle. That’s why I am always on the lookout for ways to slim down meals and make them a leaner choice for my family. Butterball Turkey Burgers are one of my favorite ways to do this.
You get the same great taste and juicy flavor you would with a regular burger, but with less calories and fat. The boys love them and always beg for me to make them again the next night. Recently, I came up with a slimmed down version of Applebee’s Cowboy Burger, and could not wait to share it. This Skinny Cowboy Hamburger Recipe has about half the calories and a third of the fat of it’s greasier counterpart.
Butterball Turkey Burgers
Butterball Turkey Burgers are a leaner choice for your family, without having to give up taste. The provide juicy flavorful patties in a variety of flavors to please anyone’s taste buds.
- Original Seasoned- has the same 1/3 lb. bun-filling size of a beef burger with less fat.
- Sweet Onion – same great flavor as the original, but with the added flavor of sweet onion too.
- Cheddar- the flavor of a cheesburger with less fat and calories.
- All Natural White- the leanest turkey burger available with a smaller 1/4 lb. size, but still delicious.
Want to cut calories and fat in other meal ideas? Try Butterball Turkey Dinner Sausage, turkey bacon and deli meat too. You can visit the Butterball website to save money with Butterball coupons and get more lean meal ideas with Butterball recipes.
Skinny Cowboy Hamburger Recipe
- Butterball Sweet Onion Turkey Burgers
- American cheeese slices
- Fully cooked bacon
- Onion rings
- BBQ sauce
- Whole wheet hamburger buns
1. Prepare your onion rings according to package instructions.
2. Place the Butterball sweet onion turkey burgers on a grill to cook. We use an Optigrill inside, but you can use a regular gas or charcoal grill too.
3. Put your bacon slices in the microwave according to package directions to warm them up.
4. Top the burger with a cheese slice as soon as it is done cooking.
5. On a whole wheat bun, place one burger patty with cheese, two slices of bacon, two onion rings, and slather some BBQ sauce onto the bun. Enjoy your skinny cowboy hamburger recipe.