I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Shady Brook Farms. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation
Even as I sit shivering at a Minnesota campground, I know that summer is coming. When the boys and I left Florida a few weeks ago, it was already Summer weather and we had broken out the grill. For me, that is what really says summertime, the sizzle of the grill as you place juicy burgers on to goo. So, when I was approached about creating a recipe with Shady Brook Farms turkey products for their Memorial Day Recipe Contest, my mind instantly went to an incredible turkey burger loaded with fresh veggies with a Southwest flavor.
About Shady Brook Farms Turkey Products
Shady Brook Farms produces great quality turkey products from birds raised without growth-promoting antibiotics. They work with more than 700 independent farmers to produce wholesome turkey products that are free of the growth-promoting antibiotics. Their ground turkey, tenderloins, sausages and burgers make the perfect replacement for popular Memorial Day favorites made with pork and beef. You can look for the USDA Process Verified seal on packaging when shopping to ensure that you are purchasing a product from birds without growth-promoting antibiotics.
Southwest Turkey Burger with Sour Cream Salsa Recipe
Like I said, when I think summer I think cooking on the grill, and naturally, hamburgers are one of our favorites. Since starting Weight Watchers earlier last month, I like to make simple changes like using ground turkey instead of ground beef, so I came up with a Southwest turkey burger made with Shady Brook Farms ground turkey and topped with salsa sour cream.
1.25 lbs. Shady Brook Farms Ground Turkey
1/2 red onion diced
1/2 red bell pepper diced
cumin to taste
chili powder to taste
salt to taste
1 cup salsa
1 cup sour cream
3/4 cup bread crumbs
1. Place diced red onion and diced red bell pepper in a blender or food processor and lightly pulse until it is blended well but not pureed.
2. Mix together the Shady Brook Farms ground turkey, red onion and bell pepper, cumin, chili powder and salt to your tastes. We used 2 teaspoons cumin, 1 tsp chili powder and a dash or two of salt, but it is really up to you.
3. Add bread crumbs to the mixture. It will hold together, but will not be stiff.
4. Form the meat mixture into 5 quarter pound sized patties and place on a hot grill. Cook until the turkey burgers reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
5. While the burgers are cooking, mix sour cream and salsa together in a separate bowl. Top your burger with this delicious alternative to mayo.
Shady Brook Farms Memorial Day Recipe Contest
My recipe along with others from fellow bloggers have been entered into the Memorial Day Recipe Contest. I would love it if you would stop by and vote for my recipe. Voters have a chance to win all prizes too!
Memorial Day Turkey Recipe Contest
So please stop by and enter today in the Shady Brook Farms Memorial Day Recipe Contest for your chance to win!