It’s Monday again and we all have a hard time getting up and into our week. I thought I would start us off with a little laugh. Well, at least the words below would make my boys giggle. Why is it that every word that little boys find funny, moms find gross? Honestly though, you get desensitized over time and then just learn to roll with it.
1. Pee – Even if you just mention the letter “P” or the peas that you eat, it is hilarious to them. Say “P” twice and see what happens. You get twice as much giggle, that’s what happens.
2. Poop – Yep, boys somehow find this disgusting bodily excrement extremely hilarious and it begins from a young age when they stick their hand in their diapers and paint the crib during nap time. Don’t ask!
3. Booger – Are we noticing a pattern here? Pretty much any undesirable item that comes out of the body is considered funny to a little boy. Booger, boogie, booger head. They will all elicit little peals of laughter.
4. Fart – This is one that I really hate. I hate to hear it because it means that my nose is about to be assaulted. Even fake fart noises can squeeze laughter our of little boys and the words “mommy farted” will bring on a downright lethal laughing fit.
5. Burping – Okay, so in this case it is not so much the word that brings on the laughter as the actual noise. Boys are born with an inane ability to burp entire sentences or songs. It is incredibly gross and enthralling all at the same time.
Yeah so, boys are kind of gross really, but we love them bugs, dirt, gross word giggles and all.