Okay, so there is a 99.9% chance that I was never cool and it was all just in my head, but to my kids, I used to be a super hero. They used to fight for my attention, spend hours letting me cuddle with them during movie time and hold my hand in public without thinking twice. Then one day, I developed the plague and have forever been banished into the land of geekdom. When did I stop being cool? Here are the top 10 reasons I am not longer the bomb and will forever be an outcast to my aging children.
10. I actually believe that you shouldn’t look like Cousin It and your hair should be out of your eyes.
9. I do not believe that Oreos are a healthy snack and lollipops are not a fruit even though they are fruit flavored.
8. I may or may not be guilty of flapping my arms and running around the house pretending to be a fairy. (Hey, this used to be cool?)
7. I make vegetables with every meal and actually expect them to eat the half a spoonful they were given.
6. I won’t spend $200 on an iPod that they will likely lose or break within the first week of use.
5. I won’t let them wear chains on their pants to school. Yeah, like they need one more weapon!
4. I think Hannah Montana is the devil and have banned her from my home.
3. I change the radio station if a song comes on that I know has inappropriate content in it.
2. I won’t let them have cell phones.
1. The number one reason why I am no longer cool. I actually speak to or acknowledge them in public and occasionally dare to try and hug them*gasp*.
There you have it boys and girls, the top ten reasons I am not longer the bomb. What is sad, is that most of the things on that list used to make me cool and now they just make me a dork. Tweens are fickle little creatures.
Are you uncool too? Want to join me team of geekdom moms?